Lawyers For Contempt Of A Judgment

Do You Need To File A Motion For Contempt?

An alimony and child support order may be enforced by the contempt powers of the court. If financial support is not paid in a timely fashion, you may enforce the judgment through a motion for contempt.

If your court judgment in North Carolina includes a provision that you are to receive spousal support and your ex-spouse is in arrears, don't try to handle the matter through an informal arrangement. If you do, the agreement with our ex-spouse will not stand up in court and you may lose leverage of raising the matter to the level of criminal contempt. Penalties for criminal contempt can include paying attorneys' fees, a heavy fine and possible jail time.

Talk to an attorney at Coggin Law, PLLC, in Charlotte. Our divorce lawyers have been aggressively representing clients in divorce and post-divorce modification matters for more than 10 years.

Are You Facing Charges Of Contempt Of Your Judgment?

We also represent clients who are unable to meet the terms of their court judgment and face the threat of a motion for contempt. We will review your circumstances and advise you about options for negotiating a fair settlement for petitioning the court for a modification of terms of the judgment.

Contact Us

Call our offices in Charlotte at 704-533-8636 or contact us by email to explain your need for sound legal counsel from an experienced attorney for contempt of a judgment.